Tor Project - Administrative Assistant
The Tor Project seeks an organized, conscientious, upbeat "jack-of-all-trades" with excellent communication skills to support our Seattle-based executive director and our internationally-distributed team. The ideal candidate has experience providing executive support and has a "can do" attitude. This job requires a self-starter who really enjoys supporting a diverse community of technical people.
The tasks for the position include, but are not limited to:
- Greet people who visit or call our office.
- Monitor, order & organize office supplies.
- Take the initiative for making office operations run smoothly, such as opening a FedEx account, hiring a cleaning service, and whatever other tasks make sense.
- Serve as liaison between Seattle office and finance department.
- Assist with event planning.
- Pick up, drop off and sort mail and packages.
- Respond to items in our request tracker (rt).
- Log into our accounts on Paypal and Bitcoin to run weekly reports.
- Willingness to learn and use PGP and other computer security tools.
- Willingness to learn and use IRC and other technology-based methods of communications.
- Respond to communications from our donors.
- Follow up with event sponsors for travel reimbursement.
- Order premiums from vendors.
- Fold t-shirts, stuff envelopes, fulfill orders for premiums.
- Data entry.
- Other duties as needed.
The person we seek should have the following qualities:
- Self starter
- People person who is always looking for ways to be helpful
- Good writing skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Attention to detail
- Sensitivity to computer security issues
- Ability to juggle several items at the same time with efficiency and grace
- Ability to work and think independently
- Excellent work ethic
- Willingness to take the initiative to get things done
- Ability to leap tall buildings in a single bound (just kidding!)
The Tor Project works on Internet freedom issues, and a commitment to free speech, privacy and innovation would be helpful.
Salary low- to mid-$40,000s, depending on experience.
This is a full-time position based in our new office in Seattle, WA. Inquiries about whether this job can be done remotely or part-time will not be answered. To apply, send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please!
The Tor Project, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
Learn more at: https://www.torproject.org/about/jobs-admin-assistant.html.en.