~Tier 1 GNU/Linux Tech Support (Desktop) (Keene, NH)
We're a small (although leading) tech outlet that supports desktop GNU/Linux globally, with our offices located in Keene, NH. We're looking to hire a sociable, reliable person for a Tier 1 (entry level) technical support position. ~35-38 hours / week from 10:15AM to ~5:30-6PM M-F @ $15 / hr.
As a small business, we're looking for a candidate that is prepared to take on a variety of tasks in addition to supporting end-users. An ideal candidate will be friendly and able to answer phones, pick up and move packages that may at times be heavy, assemble orders, assemble computers, do a bit of data entry, and perform other similar tasks that assist in the day-to-day running of the office.
The representative will be responsible for:
- Answering phones
- Assembling systems
- Assembling orders (we sell parts & accessories)
- Providing basic support via phone (tier 1 support passes customers up the chain where needed)
- Taking occasional phone orders
- Occasionally diagnosing basic PC issues (running through and testing components mostly)
- Shipping orders out
- Doing some data entry (keep track of receipts)
- And various other tasks that may need done
Requirements needed to fulfill job:
- Be sociable with good communication skills
- Be reliable: Show up every day & on time
- Operate largely independently
- Have a drivers license & vehicle
- Be flexible in terms of doing what needs done
Contact details: chris at thinkpenguin dot com
For consideration, please submit resume in a free software friendly format.