ThinkPenguin - GNU/Linux Desktop Support Tech
ThinkPenguin, Inc, focused on making free software adoption easy and hassle free is looking for an enthusiastic advocate to fill a tier one technical support role. The job is at our offices in Flemington, New Jersey.
The company is focused on expanding the worlds access to free software friendly hardware. In doing so we aim to make it easier for the masses to adopt free software.
- assembling (mostly) & repairing computers
- packing & shipping orders
- diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- providing basic tier one technical support
- respond to customer requests for technical assistance in person (occasionally, local area only), via phone, and email (mostly phone/email)
- research questions and solutions using internal and external documentation
- identify and escalate situations requiring attention
- 30 hours / week (10:30AM-5:00PM M-F /w half hour lunch break)
- vehicle & drivers license
- skill in diagnosing problems
- good communication skills
- attention to detail
- a basic understanding of free software and its philosophy
- basic GNU/Linux administrations skills/commands (ie: apt-get, md5sum, dmesg, lsusb, lspci, cat, etc)
- staying current with the latest GNU/Linux distributions and other free software components / operating systems
- Education and Experience: degree, degree seeking, or related experience and training in troubleshooting and providing help desk support are preferred
Key Skills & Competencies
- oral and written communication skills
- customer service oriented
- problem analysis
- planning and organizing
- attention to detail
- stress tolerance
- can work with little to no supervision
Email your resume for consideration with salary requirements to email@example.com.
All resumes must be submitted in a free format (such as plain text, PDF, or OpenDocument, and not Microsoft Word). Email submissions that do not follow these instructions will be overlooked.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting a diverse workplace, and do not discriminate based on gender, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Find out more at: https://www.thinkpenguin.com/gnu-linux/gnulinux-desktop-support-tech