Project Manager - PKT
Project Manager | PKT | Multiple free software initiatives (Blockchain)
PKT is a blockchain project focused on making internet access more accessible, low-cost, and decentralized, it is a philosophical continuation of the cjdns project (GPLv3+, started 2011) for making networks more secure and easier to setup.
PKT is a no-premine, proof-of-work “real deal” coin based on a new bandwidth-hard proof of work algorithm called PacketCrypt. The objective of PacketCrypt is to incentivize rollout of networking infrastructure which is re-usable for providing people internet access. PKT also includes a 20% fee in each block which is allocated to a Network Steward which implements a transparent process to fund initiatives for helping build out the ecosystem (mostly free software development).
There are multiple business entities who exist within the PKT ecosystem, including https://anode.co/ and https://pktpal.com/ but everybody collaborates using common chat and project management tools including MatterFOSS and our OpenProject instance.
We need a project manager who can:
- Structure the OpenProject instance and train the team(s) to use it effectively
- Conduct meetings and create Tasks during the meetings so everybody knows what needs to be done before next call
- Seamlessly switch between coordinating agile software development projects (almost all free software) and more waterfall-like business planning
- Effectively communicate with people who spend their whole day thinking about their particular intuitive and may have difficulty communicating outside of that
Particular skills which will be helpful:
- OpenProject experience
- Communication, empathy and ability to listen, question, and extract relevant facts from what is said
- Root cause analysis
- Reasoning in uncertainty
- Ability to keep meetings focused
- Knowledge of Scrum/XP/CMM/Waterfall, intuition on “when to use what”
If you are interested in learning more about this project, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can setup a call to converse further about it.