Senior GNU/Linux Systems / Network Administrator at NeuralIQ in Santa Monica, CA
The perfect candidate should have at least four (4) years of experience in GNU/Linux systems and network administration. Very strong knowledge of GNU/Linux operating systems, shell scripting, python/perl scripting, network administration, data center experience, network security, GNU/Linux OS security, etc.
The position is an opportunity to apply your extensive knowledge of GNU/Linux and networks new and exciting areas. As a part of a growing team of world-class engineers (or as we like to call ourselves “Low-Level Code Monkeys”), your activities will include but not be limited to:
- Building, extending and customizing NeuralOS, our GNU/Linux-based operating system distribution.
- Building, maintaining and extending NeuralOS customer software package repositries.
- Working with, extending and maintaining our beowulf clusters.
- Working with our engineering department to build and package software for release to our repositories.
- Supporting developers, as well as building development servers and workstations.
- Maintaining and extending our web, mail, dns, and whole communication infrastructure.
- QA our appliance product for shipping to customers.
- Automation scripting in Python.
- Many other exciting things.
Experience in writing Python scripts is a HUGE plus. Our company is looking for a hacker to fill the system administrator position. We want someone who is a hacker by experience and hacker in lifestyle. Aside from being a playful, curious, philosophical, abstract, artistic and clever devil, that special candidate will also have the following skills and/or experience:
- Extensive knowledge of GNU/Linux operating system.
- Work or personal experience with Debian-like operating systems a HUGE plus.
- Knowledge of linux kernel when it comes to customizing it.
- Extensive knowledge of networks and networking.
- Extensive knowledge of shell scripting, and/or Perl, Python.
- Extensive knowledge of firewall design, security techniques.
- Extensive knowledge of secure mail server design (Postfix), irc administration, dns administration, apache, etc.
- Knowledge of BSD operating systems is a plus.
- Very strong organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Willingness to learn and try new things as well as extremely good research skills.
- Love for solving problems and being part of a World class team.
To apply, please submit your resume and a brief introduction to email@example.com.