Sysadmin for Greenpeace, Washington DC
Greenpeace is in search of an experienced, well-rounded systems admin for its Washington, DC office. This is a rare opportunity for an environmentally aware GNU/Linux hacker.
We have a sophisticated environment of Redhat servers running everything from email to file sharing to web serving and you'll be responsible for maintaining these and designing new and better systems. We have a SAN, LDAP, httpd, MySQL, and virtualization for you to dig into, among other things.
We're looking for someone who:
- has 3-5 years of GNU/Linux experience in a business environment,
- is a systems administrator who also works well with end-users,
- loves to troubleshoot,
- is interested in environmental issues.
- Knowledge of GNU/Linux and TCP/IP networking in a business environment required.
- Knowledge of Windows client computers required.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and fix difficult and complex problems quickly.
This is a full-time, salaried position. Greenpeace offers competitive non-profit pay, excellent benefits, and a great work environment. Highlights of the benefits package include 401k (with match), health, dental, public transportation allowance and 3 weeks vacation (4 weeks after two years of service).
How to Apply: Send cover letter and resume to: Ms. Toni Wright, HR Director, 702 H Street, NW, Washington, DC 20001 or via e-mail to: email@example.com or via fax: (202) 324-3124.