GNUnet seeks GNUnet/pEp and/or GNU Taler developers
There are several open positions, some with significant flexibility to location. Part-time/full-time employment or contract work are generally possible. Overall, we are looking for the following skills:
- Android application developer. Kotlin, mostly UI, but knowledge of networking stacks (NFC, REST) or cryptography would be helpful. Note: no Google Play, resulting app must also work on F-Droid.
- iOS application developer. Mostly UI, but knowledge of networking or cryptography would be helpful. Note: we will dual-license to be able to be listed in the App store, but recommend users to jail break and use GPL edition.
- Windows C++ application developers.
- Rust system programmers Cryptographic background strongly preferred.
- Python/Django developers.
- TypeScript frontend engineer (React and Web Extensions).
- z/OS system programmer familiar with GNU Toolchain, preferably with banking experience.
- Postgres database administrator. We eventually need sharding, synchronous and asynchonous replication, optimization, secure setup, high-availability, continuous operation; we do NOT need fancy SQL hacks (no "analytics").
- Technical writers.
- UI/UX designers.
If you have any of these skills and want to work on privacy-enhancing free software, please contact Christian Grothoff at email@example.com with a description of your skills, preferred type of employment (full time, part time, contract), current location, and whether relocation is conceivable for you. Similarly, if you know the perfect candidate, please pass it on!