Job opening on the FSF campaigns team
The campaigns manager implements the FSF communications strategy and works as part of a team to develop and implement issue campaigns and community resources, acting as a spokesperson on matters of software freedom. The campaigns manager handles writing, editing, speaking, and research related to these activist and program efforts; coordinates the GNU chief webmaster and the other webmaster volunteers to develop FSF and GNU web sites; plans and implements proposals to increase fundraising; and serves as a main point of contact between the Foundation and the free software community.
- You must be a free software activist with a commitment to computer user freedom familiar with the work of the FSF,
- have excellent written communication skills,
- demonstrate that you can work in a precise way while handling multiple tasks,
- be a good public speaker with experience in handling press relations,
- have experience organizing events and handling community relations in a diplomatic way, and
- be a capable webmaster.
The job must be worked on-site at FSF's downtown Boston offices. An on-site interview will be required with both the executive director and FSF president.
Because of US visa restrictions only candidates that are US residents will be considered.
This job is a union position. The salary is fixed at $53,849/year and is non-negotiable. Other benefits include the following:
- Full family health coverage through Blue Cross/Blue Shield's HMO Blue program, and subsidized dental plan
- Four weeks of paid vacation annually
- Seventeen paid holidays annually
- Public transit commuting cost reimbursement
- Somewhat flexible work hours
Resumes and cover letters must be submitted via email to <hiring at fsf.org>. The email must contain the subject line, "Campaigns Manager". Resumes and cover letters should be attached in plain text or PDF. Resumes not sent via email or email submissions that do not follow these instructions will be ignored.