FSF Licensing and Compliance Lab Team
Licensing and Compliance Team
Craig Topham is the FSF's Licensing and Compliance Team. The team coordinates all Licensing and Compliance Lab efforts and are the primary contact in negotiations with violators. In addition, the team also handle all assignments and employment disclaimers for various pieces of GNU software; this is a crucial role -- without it, it would be very difficult to enforce our licenses.
A number of volunteers help out by answering licensing questions from the public. In no particular order, they are:
- Yoni Rabkin
- Yoni Rabkin is a parent, programmer and paralegal who studied computer science in Israel, worked in the medical devices industry, and now writes custom software for a living. He believes that everyone should contribute something positive to society, commensurate with their personal strengths.
- Paulius Galubickas
- Paulius is a Lithuanian attorney based in Vilnius. He holds an LLM from the University of Cologne with focus on software copyright law, and for many years worked as a software developer for the telecom industry.
- Ineiev earned a Master of Science degree from Kolmogorov's boarding school back in 1993, then gained some background in radio-engineering. Ineiev helped the GNU Project since 2010.
- Yuchen Pei
- Yuchen Pei is a software engineer and mathematician. He has been an FSF associate member since 2018 and started as a licensing volunteer in 2021.
- Panos Alevropoulos
- Panos Alevropoulos is a law graduate from Thessaloniki, Greece. He is an administrator of the End Software Patents Wiki, but also contributes to several other FSF projects. Panos believes that the ever-expanding use of technology in society requires that it be defined in ethical and just terms.
The FSF works with a combination of paid and pro bono attorneys. If you are interested in providing services pro bono to the FSF, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.