FSF Licensing and Compliance Lab Team
Licensing and Compliance Team
Donald Robertson and Craig Topham are the FSF's Licensing and Compliance Team. They coordinate all Licensing and Compliance Lab efforts and are the primary contact in negotiations with violators. In addition, they also handle all assignments and employment disclaimers for various pieces of GNU software; this is a crucial role -- without it, it would be very difficult to enforce our licenses.
A number of volunteers help out by answering licensing questions from the public. In no particular order, they are:
- Yoni Rabkin
- Yoni Rabkin is a parent, programmer and paralegal who studied computer science in Israel, worked in the medical devices industry, and now writes custom software for a living. He believes that everyone should contribute something positive to society, commensurate with their personal strengths.
- Paulius Galubickas
- Paulius is a Lithuanian attorney based in Vilnius. He holds an LLM from the University of Cologne with focus on software copyright law, and for many years worked as a software developer for the telecom industry.
- Ineiev graduated from Kolmogorov's boarding school back in 1993, then gained some background in radio-engineering. Ineiev helped the GNU Project since 2010.
- Joseph Thomas
- Joseph Thomas is a lawyer and free software enthusiast based in New York. He received his J.D. from Brooklyn Law School in 2019.
- Yuchen Pei
- Yuchen Pei is a software engineer and mathematician. He has been an FSF associate member since 2018 and started as a licensing volunteer in 2021.
The FSF works with a combination of paid and pro bono attorneys. If you are interested in providing pro bono services to the FSF, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.