Roaming Teach-in for Digital Freedom (Washington, DC)
dalle 17:45 alle 21:00
|Persona di riferimento||Zak Rogoff|
We'll distribute information about DRM in front of the office of the MPAA and RIAA, major industry groups that coordinate lobbying for laws that support DRM and unjust prosecution of those that circumvent it. Our last stop will be the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library, to call attention to DRM's harm on libraries, and celebrate the possibility of a DRM-free future.
The goal of the teach-in is to use engaging materials get people thinking about the realities of DRM and excited about DRM-free media. Come to do whatever is best for your comfort level - you can hand out info, or take it to the next level and have educational conversations with passersby. Only a basic understanding of DRM issues is required -- we'll provide handouts and flyers, as well as a knowledgeshare session beforehand to practice the explaining DRM.
We'll gather afterwards at [NEW LOCATION] Chinatown Express (746 6th St NW) to talk about DRM activism and share snacks and drinks courtesy of the Free Software Foundation. If you can only come for the flyering, or only come for Austin Grill, you are still more than welcome. RSVP encouraged.
- MEETING TIME: 5:45 PM, Tuesday, May 3
- MEETING POINT: Pret A Manger restaurant on 17th & K street, right next to the Farragut North Metro Station.
- 5:45 - 6:15 Sign-making, knowledge-share at Pret a Manger
- 6:15 - 7:30 Teach-in at the MPAA, RIAA and Library (walking between destinations)
- 7:45 - 9:00 [NEW LOCATION] Chinatown express (746 6th St NW)
- RSVP ENCOURAGED: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
In total, the event will involve about 1.4 miles of walking. The sidewalks have wheelchair ramps and the all the locations we are visiting are wheelchair accessible.