GNU Spotlight with Karl Berry: 30 new GNU releases!
To get announcements of most new GNU releases, subscribe to the info-gnu mailing list: https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/info-gnu. Nearly all GNU software is available from https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/, or preferably one of its mirrors (https://www.gnu.org/prep/ftp.html). You can use the url http://ftpmirror.gnu.org/ to be automatically redirected to a (hopefully) nearby and up-to-date mirror.
This month, we welcome:
- James Cloos as the new maintainer of enscript and trueprint (with an eye toward merging them),
- Ramana Radhakrishnan as a new co-maintainer of gcc,
- Nick Ralabate as the new maintainer of solfege,
- Andrew Shadura and Daniel Valentine as the new maintainers of indent,
- Andy Wingo and Daniel Hartwig as the authors and maintainers of the new package guile-opengl. Thanks to all.
A number of GNU packages, as well as the GNU operating system as a whole, are looking for maintainers and other assistance: please see https://www.gnu.org/server/takeaction.html#unmaint if you'd like to help. The general page on how to help GNU is at https://www.gnu.org/help/help.html. To submit new packages to the GNU operating system, see https://www.gnu.org/help/evaluation.html.
As always, please feel free to write to me, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any GNUish questions or suggestions for future installments.