Help others find their reason to support free software: Donate before July 18 and help us reach our spring goal.
Help others find their reason to support free software. Donate today to help us reach our spring goal of $70,000 by July 18!
Links and related articles
- Closing in on fully free BIOSes with the FSF tech team
- Show your support for free software by July 18
- Support the FSF licensing team in its continued mission to serve and educate
- Spring Bulletin: Verifying licenses, free software in education, and more!
- Fresh in the LibrePlanet archives: LibrePlanet 2022 workshop videos
- Help others find free software: Watch and share Escape to Freedom
- Flock over to Mastodon on July 8 for an interactive session.
- How the Eyüpsultan district of Turkey uses GNU/Linux
- Beat the heat with GNU summer swag!
Help others find their reason to support free software!
True user freedom is relevant for anyone in today's society, because to truly have the right to collaborate, repair, and live more sustainably, we need freedom for computer users. A world with free software would have better privacy, protection from bulk surveillance, and would avoid user lock-in.
Free software is the driving force that can help bring major change to matters of global importance. With your support, we can continue helping people find their reasons and motivation to live more freely. Share the free software message using the hashtag #UserFreedom on social media networks.
Support the free software journey
If you contribute $120 or more as a donation or start an annual associate membership to help keep the fight for user freedom going, we'll send you a commemorative pin.
Why do you support the FSF?
- "I have always believed that technology should be readily available and accesible to everyone. I am just happy to be a part of a group that believes the same!" -- Anonymous
- "I want to fight for right to repair, as well as the right to own the software, files, and games we paid for without companies taking them away from us." -- Eve Jones
- "I want to continue the fight against DRM until DRM no longer exists." -- Anonymous Friend
- "I was talking to my dad why we should use free software and why this movement is so important for the world, and that motivated me enough to donate." -- Guillermo García
Share your reason with the hashtag #UserFreedom, or email us at email@example.com.