Help us defend the freedom to share: Become a member before Jan. 20
January 20, 2023 marked the end of our associate member drive. We are proud to add 330 new associate members to our organization and are immensely grateful to the community that helped us get there. Thanks to your generosity, we also raised over $400,000.
Thank you for your support for free software!
Please note that it may take several months for the premiums to reach you depending on where you live.
Join us today and help us reach our goal of 455 new associate members by January 20!
Links and related articles
- Sharing knowledge about the GNU family of licenses
- Help us defend the freedom to share: Membership drive extended to January 20
- A message from FSF president Geoff Knauth: Your FSF membership will help us build a stronger future for software freedom
- IDAD 2022: Celebrating the freedom to share with a new advocacy video
- Sharing is at the core of the free software community
- Surprise your loved ones with an FSF membership gift this holiday season
- Amin Bandali: Why it's fun to participate in LibrePlanet
- IDAD is coming soon: Stand with us in support of the freedom to share on December 16
- Join the FSF and support the tech team
- Fall Bulletin: Fully shareable, fully lovable
- GNU Guix: Support the growth of the distribution into 2023 and beyond
- Baby gnus, hoodies, and more: Show your support for free software through the GNU Press shop.
- FSF Giving Guide: Put freedom first in your giving this year
Defend the freedom to share!
Consider the presence of software in your life and how so much of what we do depends on sharing, studying, and building upon the works of others. This is why the freedom to share is at the core of the FSF's work. We can only truly foster free software, free documentation, and free cultural works for users around the world if we have the ability to share. Motivated by profit, mega-corporations are trying to limit this ability. They not only prevent interoperability between social media platforms and messengers to maintain their monopolies, but also impose DRM on books and other media.
With your support, we can continue protecting the freedom to share. The goal: to grow our sharing community by 455 new associate members by January 20 -- For $10/month ($5 for students) you can join us today! Share the message using the hashtag #FreedomToShare on social media networks.
See this page in: Turkish | French
Support the rally for the freedom to share
Please consider supporting the FSF by becoming an associate member or making a donation.
If you contribute $120 or more as a donation or start an annual associate membership to help keep the fight for user freedom going, we'll send you a snazzy and secure webcam cover.
Why do you support the FSF?
- "I have always believed that technology should be readily available and accesible to everyone. I am just happy to be a part of a group that believes the same!" -- Anonymous
- "I want to fight for right to repair, as well as the right to own the software, files, and games we paid for without companies taking them away from us." -- Eve Jones
- "I want to continue the fight against DRM until DRM no longer exists." -- Anonymous Friend
- "I was talking to my dad why we should use free software and why this movement is so important for the world, and that motivated me enough to donate." -- Guillermo García
Share your reason with the hashtag #FreedomToShare, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.