Heed this Dennis Bell
- Play it Again, Sam (But only if you pay for it again) — by libby — last modified Nov 01, 2012 11:42 AM
- When it comes to making sales, once just isn't enough for big publishers and record labels. Publishers, Hollywood, and the music industry--many of the same folks who brought you SOPA and PIPA--are trying new tactics to control what we can do with copyrighted material after we buy it.
- Copyright Office fails to protect users from DMCA — by Donald Robertson — last modified Oct 26, 2012 06:01 PM
- The Copyright Office picked Sony over you; fails to expand DMCA anti-circumvention exemptions to devices other than cell phones, or to the sharing of anti-circumvention software
- GNUs trick-or-treat at Windows 8 launch — by libby — last modified Oct 26, 2012 12:38 PM
- Yesterday morning, the Free Software Foundation crashed the Windows 8 launch event in New York City. A cheerful GNU and her team handed out DVDs loaded with Trisquel, FSF stickers, and information about our new pledge, which asks Windows users to upgrade not to Windows 8, but to GNU/Linux.
- Activists trick-or-treat for free software at Windows 8 launch event — by Zak Rogoff — last modified Oct 30, 2012 04:17 PM
- New York, New York, USA -- Thursday, October 25th, 2012 -- Today visitors to the primary Windows 8 launch event were greeted by an unexpected and uninvited visitor -- a gnu. Activists, one dressed as the free software movement's buffalo-like mascot, converged on Microsoft's event to distribute pamphlets about the hidden dangers of Microsoft's latest proprietary creation. The Halloween-themed action included plastic pumpkin buckets full of DVDs loaded with Trisquel, a free software distribution of the GNU/Linux operating system.
- Nominate your free software heroes — by libby — last modified Oct 31, 2012 11:55 AM
- The nomination window for the 15th annual Free Software Awards is open. Now is your chance to show some love for your favorite free software hero or an inspiring project that uses free software or free software principles to benefit humanity.
- Happy Ada Lovelace Day! — by libby — last modified Oct 16, 2012 05:31 PM
- Today is Ada Lovelace Day, a day to celebrate women's contributions to science and technology.