Heed this Dennis Bell
- 2010 Free Software Awards announced — by John Sullivan — last modified May 19, 2011 12:47 PM
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA -- Tuesday, March 22nd, 2011 -- Free Software Foundation president Richard M. Stallman announced the winners of the FSF's annual free software awards at a ceremony on Saturday, March 19th, held during the LibrePlanet 2011 conference at Bunker Hill Community College.
- Volunteer to help the new Savannah maintainer — by Karl Berry and John Sullivan — last modified Mar 18, 2011 11:31 AM
- Sylvain Beucler, who was instrumental in modernizing and maintaining Savannah for the last seven years, has decided to step down and look for new challenges. Many, many, thanks to Sylvain and best wishes.
- Happy 10th birthday to FSF Europe! — by John Sullivan — last modified Mar 11, 2011 03:46 PM
- Steer clear of Android Market and its DRM — by brett — last modified Mar 09, 2011 06:08 PM
- Google recently made headlines after they identified some malware being distributed through the Android Market. Not only did they stop distributing those apps, but they used their "remote kill switch" to remove the apps from phones where they were already downloaded. This is a kind of Digital Restrictions Management (DRM) that all computer users should avoid.
- FSF announces new executive director — by Matt Lee — last modified Mar 07, 2011 02:54 PM
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA -- Monday, March 7th, 2011 -- The Free Software Foundation (FSF) today announced the appointment of John Sullivan as its new executive director.
- Free software is what we humans are talking more about — by peterb — last modified Mar 07, 2011 02:24 PM
- After six years as the executive director, today is my last day at the Free Software Foundation. And what a great time it has been.