Heed this Dennis Bell
- Ada Lovelace Day: Karen Sandler — by John Sullivan — last modified Oct 07, 2011 04:53 PM
- Today, October 7th, is Ada Lovelace Day.
- GNU PDF project leaves FSF High Priority Projects list; mission complete! — by Matt Lee — last modified Oct 06, 2011 05:57 PM
- We're pleased to announce that another project can be removed from our list of high priority free software projects: GNU PDF.
- Nominations are open for the 14th annual Free Software Awards — by Matt Lee — last modified Feb 07, 2012 04:09 PM
- BOSTON, October 4, 2011 -- The Free Software Foundation (FSF) and the GNU Project today announced the opening of nominations for the 14th annual Free Software Awards.
- Introducing Andrew, FSF campaigns intern — by Matt Lee — last modified Oct 03, 2011 06:12 PM
- Hello. I'm Andrew, and this Fall I'm interning with the FSF's campaigns team.
- Free Software Foundation re-launches its Free Software Directory, with over 6500 programs listed — by Joshua Gay — last modified Sep 29, 2011 05:22 PM
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA -- Thursday, September 29, 2011 -- The Free Software Foundation (FSF) today announced the re-launch of its Free Software Directory at directory.fsf.org. The Directory lists over 6,500 programs that are free for any computer user to download, run, and share. It was first launched nearly a decade ago, but the new version brings a host of new features designed to make it a more useful and current resource for users, developers, advocates, and researchers.
- Behind the scenes of the new Free Software Directory — by John Sullivan — last modified Oct 02, 2011 11:36 AM
- Our press release covers the basics about why we have re-launched the Free Software Directory, and why people might want to both use it and help build it. I hope you'll help us get the word out about the new version. But I'd like to add a little (okay, a lot) more detail here about why we view the Directory as an important component of our strategy to promote free software awareness and use, and how the new version came to be.