Heed this Dennis Bell
- Who does that server really serve? — by Richard Stallman — last modified Jun 29, 2010 12:05 PM
- On the Internet, proprietary software isn't the only way to lose your freedom. Software as a Service is another way to let someone else have power over your computing.
- Send us your questions for new W3C CEO Jeff Jaffe — by peterb — last modified May 17, 2010 04:45 PM
- The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) recently appointed Jeff Jaffe as their new Chief Executive Officer. Jeff had most recently worked as Chief Technology Officer at Novell.
- Choose your future: free software, or masking tape on your kid's webcam. — by holmes — last modified Apr 01, 2010 03:54 PM
- Appalled by the Lower Merion School District's remote monitoring of students? Help the Free Software Foundation build a wiki database of school districts that provide students with laptops, so that we can campaign against mandatory, proprietary laptops.
- Day Against DRM: Tuesday, May 4th 2010 — by peterb — last modified Mar 17, 2010 04:33 PM
- "When companies organize to design products to restrict us, we have to organize to defeat them" -- FSF president Richard Stallman
- LibrePlanet Free Software Conference: Free as in Freedom! — by Matt Lee — last modified Mar 29, 2010 10:18 AM
- The annual free software conference LibrePlanet is the place for the free software community -- from old school hackers to brand new users -- to come together and further the collective goals of the free software movement. At LibrePlanet 2010 you can help your neighbor get a head-start in free software or explore the very latest philosophical ideas that will shape computing and user freedom for the next generation.
- Defective by Design delivers iPad anti-DRM petition with 5,000 signatures to Jobs -- more coming — by holmes — last modified Apr 01, 2010 04:19 PM
- The first 5,000 names have been printed on a four-foot tall "tablet" and shipped to Cupertino. Defective by Design will send a new tablet for every 5,000 signatures.