Heed this Dennis Bell
- Why I'm rejecting your email attachment — by John Sullivan — last modified May 11, 2010 07:38 AM
- Why I'm rejecting your email attachment: for freedom and the good of the web!
- GNU Spotlight with Karl Berry (March 2010) — by Matt Lee — last modified Aug 03, 2010 12:33 PM
- This month we welcome Thomas Schmitt as the maintainer of the new package xorriso, and Peter Simons as the maintainer of the new package autoconf-archive (another notable new entry!). We also welcome Aleksander Morgado and Reinhard Mueller as a new co-maintainers of GNU PDF, Albert Chu as co-maintainer of freeipmi, Vladimir Serbinenko as co-maintainer of grub, Thien-Thi Nguyen as co-maintainer of RCS, and previous maintainer Giuseppe Scrivano for also taking on gcal.
- GNU Generation 2.0 — by Matt Lee — last modified May 17, 2010 04:45 PM
- After many successful months of GNU Generation, GNU Generation 2.0 was officially announced at LibrePlanet 2010. This builds upon the original GNU Generation by lowering the entry barrier to free software contribution, and making the program more extensible. So what is new? In a nutshell:
- Bradley Kuhn Joins the FSF Board — by peterb — last modified Apr 01, 2010 03:05 PM
- When I started working at the Free Software Foundation in September 2001, it was to join a team that then-executive director Bradley Kuhn was putting together. It was a period of transition for the FSF.
- FSF Advocates Free Software for U.S. IPEC Joint Strategic Plan — by brett — last modified Apr 12, 2010 03:26 PM
- FSF Opposes More Copyright Enforcement in Joint Strategic Plan — by brett — last modified Apr 12, 2010 03:15 PM
- The United States' newly-created "Intellectual Property Enforcement Coordinator" asked for public comments on a Joint Strategic Plan to make copyright enforcement more effective. The FSF submitted an argument that the government should adopt free software and encourage its use elsewhere to provide more freedom to computer users and reduce the need for such enforcement. The full text of the comment appears below.