Heed this Dennis Bell
- FSF responds to Oracle v. Google and the threat of software patents — by brett — last modified Sep 08, 2010 12:15 PM
- As you likely heard on any number of news sites, Oracle has filed suit against Google, claiming that Android infringes some of its Java-related copyrights and patents. Too little information is available about the copyright infringement claim to say much about it yet; we expect we'll learn more as the case proceeds. But nobody deserves to be the victim of software patent aggression, and Oracle is wrong to use its patents to attack Android.
- ACTA Action: Call on Obama to end the secrecy, reject the treaty — by John Sullivan — last modified Nov 05, 2010 09:47 AM
- Please read and share this article by Knowledge Ecology International's James Love, sign our anti-ACTA petition, and call on Obama to publish the treaty text.
- GNU Spotlight with Karl Berry (August 2010) — by Karl Berry — last modified Aug 31, 2010 04:39 PM
- This month we welcome Jose Marchesi as maintainer of the new package recutils, Mike Gran as maintainer of the new package guile-ncurses, and long-time maintainers Bruno Haible, Jim Meyering, and Simon Josefsson adding the new package vc-changelog to their duties.
- LibrePlanet 2010 audio and video is now ready — by Matt Lee — last modified Aug 31, 2010 04:30 PM
- Thanks to the efforts of summer campaigns intern, Steve DuBois, we have all the video and audio from the conference ready for your viewing pleasure.
- ACTA petition delivered — by peterb — last modified Aug 20, 2010 04:14 PM
- Over 4,000 signatures delivered to US trade representatives and others.
- Delivering the ACTA petition: Sign before Thursday to have your voice heard! — by John Sullivan — last modified Aug 17, 2010 02:00 PM
- A month ago, we published a statement against ACTA and asked for your signatures in support. Over 3,000 of you joined us in calling on ACTA negotiators to either dramatically change the agreement or drop it all together.