Heed this Dennis Bell
- Celebrate Software Freedom Day with the LibrePlanet community — by John Sullivan — last modified Nov 05, 2010 09:42 AM
- Please join us in bringing some of the Software Freedom Day celebration and advocacy to the LibrePlanet wiki, to build a resource and meeting place that will last throughout the year.
- Look who's using free software... — by peterb — last modified Nov 05, 2010 09:47 AM
- Today, we've added two new resources to our "Working Together for Free Software" campaign
- FSF responds to Oracle v. Google and the threat of software patents — by brett — last modified Sep 08, 2010 12:15 PM
- As you likely heard on any number of news sites, Oracle has filed suit against Google, claiming that Android infringes some of its Java-related copyrights and patents. Too little information is available about the copyright infringement claim to say much about it yet; we expect we'll learn more as the case proceeds. But nobody deserves to be the victim of software patent aggression, and Oracle is wrong to use its patents to attack Android.
- ACTA Action: Call on Obama to end the secrecy, reject the treaty — by John Sullivan — last modified Nov 05, 2010 09:47 AM
- Please read and share this article by Knowledge Ecology International's James Love, sign our anti-ACTA petition, and call on Obama to publish the treaty text.
- GNU Spotlight with Karl Berry (August 2010) — by Karl Berry — last modified Aug 31, 2010 04:39 PM
- This month we welcome Jose Marchesi as maintainer of the new package recutils, Mike Gran as maintainer of the new package guile-ncurses, and long-time maintainers Bruno Haible, Jim Meyering, and Simon Josefsson adding the new package vc-changelog to their duties.
- LibrePlanet 2010 audio and video is now ready — by Matt Lee — last modified Aug 31, 2010 04:30 PM
- Thanks to the efforts of summer campaigns intern, Steve DuBois, we have all the video and audio from the conference ready for your viewing pleasure.