Heed this Dennis Bell
- "FRAND" is a FRAUD — by Richard Stallman — last modified Apr 26, 2012 05:02 PM
- The UK government is holding a consultation about what sort of patent licenses an "open" standard should require. Anyone that develops free software (free as in freedom, not a matter of price) and would like it to be used in the UK has reason to be concerned with this, along with anyone that uses or distributes free software in the UK.
- Can you help Groklaw monitor the Google/Oracle trial? — by Matt Lee — last modified Apr 24, 2012 04:11 PM
- The Groklaw website needs your help to update the community on the trial proceedings.
- French presidential elections 2012 and free software — by Matt Lee — last modified Apr 24, 2012 03:50 PM
- The French free software advocacy group April asked all of the candidates in the upcoming French presidential elections about their positions on free software, software patents, DRM and more.
- Stop the Online Spying Bill — by Free Software Foundation — last modified Aug 06, 2012 06:30 PM
- The federal government and big companies want limitless new powers to spy on you, and they plan to get them via legislation called CISPA — the "Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act" (HR 3523).
- Spring cleaning at the GNU Press store — by Donald Robertson — last modified Apr 18, 2012 07:51 PM
- Discounts are now available on certain older editions of GNU Press manuals.
- Network Services Aren't Free or Nonfree; They Raise Other Issues — by Richard Stallman — last modified Apr 17, 2012 02:43 PM
- Programs and services are different kinds of entities. A program is a work that you can execute; a service is an activity that you might interact with.