Heed this Dennis Bell
- Petition the White House to end software patents — by Matt Lee — last modified Sep 28, 2011 06:34 PM
- Join me and already over 12,000 others in petitioning the Obama administration to "Direct the Patent Office to Cease Issuing Software Patents".
- Over 1,000 sign the petition asking This American Life to use Ogg Vorbis — by brett — last modified Sep 27, 2011 05:56 PM
- We just delivered our petition to the show, asking them to be part of the software patent solution by using a free format.
- New FSF membership benefit: Digital Credit Union eligibility — by John Sullivan — last modified Sep 27, 2011 04:00 PM
- FSF members in the US are now eligible to join a credit union for their banking.
- Help fix the wireless firmware problem on the Openmoko GTA04 — by Matt Lee — last modified Sep 27, 2011 01:12 PM
- Occasionally, we post tasks that we'd like to draw specific attention to. Today we're posting one such task: help fix the wireless firmware problem on the Openmoko GTA04 and move us closer to a phone we can recommend.
- Take part in a competitive programming contest in Washington D.C between the United States and Russia, September 24/25 2011! — by Matt Lee — last modified Sep 20, 2011 02:49 PM
- Mark your calendars! On September 24th and 25th an unprecedented event is taking place: a codeathon bringing together programmers and software engineers from both the U.S. and Russia to address challenges of transparency and accountability in both countries.
- FSF speaks against patent and DRM provisions at Trans-Pacific Partnership negotiators' meeting — by brett — last modified Sep 16, 2011 05:03 PM
- The Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement (TPP) is a free trade agreement currently under negotiation that could require member countries to enact strict copyright and patent legislation that hurts free software users and developers. Our license compliance engineer Brett Smith talked about the FSF's opposition to these terms with negotiators last weekend; in this blog post, he shares his perspective on the event.