Heed this Dennis Bell
- Free software fighting back against bulk surveillance — by Zak Rogoff — last modified Feb 28, 2014 05:02 PM
- Today the FSF is joining a team of more than thirty organizations to rally against bulk surveillance, in a global event called The Day We Fight Back. Despite their diverse issue areas, each of these organizations recognizes that bulk surveillance is a direct threat to the freedom and security of their supporters and their ability to do work.
- We're so excited for 2014 — by Free Software Foundation — last modified Feb 11, 2014 03:43 PM
- Every winter, we launch a fundraiser to sustain our work for the coming year. This time, we set out to raise $450,000, our highest ever goal. And because so many of you chipped in, we were able to reach it.
- LulzBot TAZ 3 3D printer now FSF-certified to respect your freedom — by Free Software Foundation — last modified Feb 10, 2014 11:03 AM
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA -- Friday, February 7, 2014 -- The Free Software Foundation (FSF) today awarded Respects Your Freedom (RYF) certification to the TAZ 3, the fifth model in the LulzBot line of 3D printers by Aleph Objects, Inc. The RYF certification mark means that the product meets the FSF's standards in regard to users' freedom, control over the product, and privacy.
- Anti-Fast Track mobilization to be extended after more than half a million people take action — by Free Software Foundation — last modified Feb 05, 2014 06:48 PM
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA -- Wednesday, February 5th, 2014 -- Yesterday, a diverse network of organizations opposing Fast Track legislation, including the Free Software Foundation, announced they are extending their ten days of activism following massive and widespread public action. Since its inception on January 22nd, more than a hundred new groups have joined the effort at StopFastTrack.com, including Coalition for a Prosperous America, Ben & Jerry's, SumOfUs, Democracy for America, Friends of the Earth, Namecheap, and CREDO -- adding to an already impressive, and unlikely, list of groups like reddit, Sierra Club, AFL-CIO, MoveOn, LabelGMOs, and Fight for the Future.
- Friday Free Software Directory IRC meetup: February 7 — by wtheaker — last modified Feb 05, 2014 04:31 PM
- Watch and share this LibrePlanet video, plus exhibitor deadline extended! — by Zak Rogoff — last modified Feb 05, 2014 03:48 PM
- One of LibrePlanet's major goals is inspiring people to make things and share them with their communities. So we knew 2013's conference was going well when an attendee volunteered to create a video for 2014, using only free software tools.