Heed this Dennis Bell
- LibrePlanet 2012 conference announced: March 24th-25th — by Matt Lee — last modified Dec 14, 2011 12:14 PM
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA -- Monday, December 12, 2011 -- The Free Software Foundation (FSF) today announced the dates for its upcoming LibrePlanet 2012 conference as March 24th and 25th, 2012, at the University of Massachusetts, Boston. A call for papers has also been announced. The conference will include talks from the FSF staff and board, GNU project contributors, and other members of the global free software community.
- Fixing rogue printers: don't trade one security threat for another — by brett — last modified Dec 09, 2011 03:06 PM
- Printers that can be reprogrammed by malicious print jobs are a security risk. So are printers that only run code signed by the manufacturer. For real security, printers should be running free software controlled by its owners.
- Stallman class graduates from IMERIR — by Jeanne Rasata — last modified Dec 23, 2011 02:59 PM
- RMS was at the Institut Méditerranéen d'Étude et de Recherche en Informatique et Robotique (IMERIR), in Perpignan, France, on 28 October, 2011, to deliver the graduation speech, "Le logiciel libre : pratique et éthique," to the class of 2011, which was named after him.
- Amazon's Kindle source code: Much ado about nothing — by brett — last modified Dec 02, 2011 04:58 PM
- This week there's been a lot of fuss about Amazon releasing source code for software on its Kindle devices, including the Kindle Fire. A lot of the hype we've seen is simply unwarranted; while you can download the source code that Amazon was legally required to publish, most of the software on the device remains proprietary, and every Kindle is still Defective by Design.
- Announcing Debugging with GDB, Tenth Edition for Version 7.3.1 — by Donald Robertson — last modified Nov 30, 2011 09:23 PM
- Will sprint for freedom: Report from the NYC CiviCRM code sprint — by John Sullivan — last modified Nov 29, 2011 01:12 PM
- If your organization is using CiviCRM, I'd encourage you to attend one of these events. Thank you to Donald Lobo and Dave Greenberg for organizing this one!