Heed this Dennis Bell
- Reset the Net with our email self-defense guide — by libby — last modified Jun 09, 2014 10:52 AM
- One year ago today, an NSA contractor named Edward Snowden went public with his history-changing revelations about the NSA's massive system of indiscriminate surveillance. Today the FSF is releasing Email Self-Defense, a guide to personal email encryption to help everyone, including beginners, make the NSA's job a little harder. We're releasing it as part of Reset the Net, a global day of action to push back against the surveillance-industrial complex.
- GNU Spotlight with Karl Berry: 22 new GNU releases! — by wtheaker — last modified Jun 02, 2014 11:51 AM
- 22 new GNU releases in the last month (as of May 26, 2014):
- Friday Free Software Directory IRC meetup: June 6 — by wtheaker — last modified May 30, 2014 04:36 PM
- Register now for the 2014 GNU Hackers Meeting — by wtheaker — last modified May 30, 2014 01:11 PM
- On the weekend of August 15 to 17, 2014, the people responsible for the GNU operating system will gather in Munich, Germany at the eighth GNU Hackers' Meeting.
- "Imperfection is not the same as oppression" — by Jeanne Rasata — last modified May 30, 2014 03:15 PM
- An imperfect free software program is not a program that denies its users their essential freedoms.
- May 2014 - Hsinchu City, Taiwan - At NTHU — by Jeanne Rasata — last modified Jun 09, 2014 02:49 PM
- RMS was in the International Conference Hall of National Tsing Hua University's Learning Resources Center, in Hsinchu City, Taiwan, where several hundred people came to hear him deliver his speech "A Free Digital Society," on May 9th, 2014.