Heed this Dennis Bell
- Nominate your free software heroes — by Libby Reinish — last modified Oct 31, 2012 11:55 AM
- The nomination window for the 15th annual Free Software Awards is open. Now is your chance to show some love for your favorite free software hero or an inspiring project that uses free software or free software principles to benefit humanity.
- Happy Ada Lovelace Day! — by Libby Reinish — last modified Oct 16, 2012 05:31 PM
- Today is Ada Lovelace Day, a day to celebrate women's contributions to science and technology.
- The Free Software Foundation opens nominations for the 15th Annual Free Software Awards — by Libby Reinish — last modified Jan 23, 2014 06:26 PM
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA -- Monday, October 15, 2012 -- The Free Software Foundation (FSF) and the GNU Project today announced the opening of nominations for the 15th annual Free Software Awards. The Free Software Awards include the Award for the Advancement of Free Software and the Award for Projects of Social Benefit.
- GNU MediaGoblin offers what you've been missing in an Internet media-sharing system — by Zak Rogoff — last modified Oct 11, 2012 06:31 PM
- Today the Free Software Foundation is proud and excited to assist the GNU MediaGoblin project in its fundraising effort. MediaGoblin's volunteer team is working on a next-generation social web system where users will share their experiences through photos, videos and audio, all without running proprietary software. This project is ambitious, not just because it will support multiple media types, but also because it will use a special new network system called federation, which unifies a group of separately-owned servers into a single interface for the user. This means that anyone wishing to start a MediaGoblin server will be able to do so, optionally customizing the code to their needs and offering unique options to users.
- FSF rallies support for GNU MediaGoblin to make media publishing free "as in freedom" — by Zak Rogoff — last modified Oct 11, 2012 03:15 PM
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA -- Thursday, October 11th, 2012 -- Today the Free Software Foundation (FSF) announced its support for the GNU MediaGoblin project's fundraiser at http://mediagoblin.org/pages/campaign.html. MediaGoblin is community-developed free "as in freedom" software that enables users to share their experiences through photos, videos, and audio, in a decentralized way that sidesteps current media-publishing gatekeepers.
- Summer 2012 trip to Europe: Photos from InterTice, in Marly-le-Roi — by Jeanne Rasata — last modified Oct 24, 2012 11:23 AM