Heed this Dennis Bell
- No one should have to use proprietary software to communicate with their government — by Donald Robertson — last modified May 05, 2016 10:44 AM
- Allies join Defective by Design for the tenth anniversary of the International Day Against DRM — by Free Software Foundation — last modified May 02, 2016 10:29 PM
- Hundreds explore ways to Fork the System with free software at LibrePlanet 2016 — by Free Software Foundation — last modified Apr 29, 2016 11:20 AM
- CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts, USA -- Wednesday, March 23, 2016 -- The 2016 LibrePlanet free software conference drew nearly 350 activists from around the world to discuss issues of freedom, privacy, and security in computing. NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden and ACLU technologist Daniel Kahn Gillmor discussed "The last lighthouse: free software in dark times" in an opening keynote before a brimming audience at MIT's Stata Center, with hundreds of remote participants tuning in online.
- Friday Free Software Directory IRC meetup: April 29th — by Joshua Gay — last modified Apr 28, 2016 04:20 PM
- Join the FSF and friends every Friday to help improve the Free Software Directory by adding new entries and updating existing ones.
- GNU releases ethical evaluations of code-hosting services — by Free Software Foundation — last modified Apr 25, 2016 03:55 PM
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA -- Monday, April 25th, 2016 -- Today the Free Software Foundation (FSF) and the GNU Project announced evaluations of several major repository-hosting services according to the standards of the GNU Ethical Criteria for Code Repositories. Released in 2015, these criteria grade code-hosting services for their commitment to user privacy and freedom. At the time of publication, Savannah and GitLab have met or surpassed the baseline standards of the criteria.
- FSF Job Opportunity: Operations Assistant — by John Sullivan — last modified May 25, 2016 09:19 AM
- DEADLINE PASSED. No longer accepting applications. The Free Software Foundation (FSF), a Massachusetts 501(c)(3) charity with a worldwide mission to protect freedoms critical to the computer-using public, seeks a motivated and organized Boston-based individual to be its full-time Operations Assistant.