Heed this Dennis Bell
- GNU is growing, and we need your help — by William Theaker — last modified Jan 07, 2014 12:48 PM
- This year, the GNU System celebrated its thirtieth anniversary. We're asking free software supporters to donate $30 to further GNU's development.
- LibrePlanet for all! — by Libby Reinish — last modified Jan 08, 2014 04:22 PM
- I can't even tell you how excited I am for LibrePlanet 2014 on March 22 and 23, 2014, which is fast approaching! Right now, the rest of the FSF staff and I are working hard on the program for our annual conference so that in the next few weeks we'll be able to share our amazing roster of speakers with you.
- A last-minute gift that will capture the true spirit of Christmas — by Jeanne Rasata — last modified Dec 23, 2013 04:55 PM
- 'Tis the night before... the night before Christmas, and [groan] your shopping list has some names left on it. Are you still searching for a gift for a friend, family member, or coworker, but not all that motivated to join the swarm of people milling about the consumerist landscape in an attempt to squeeze in the last few purchases?
- Our holiday visit to the Apple store (with photos) — by Zak Rogoff — last modified Dec 20, 2013 06:37 PM
- Ever wonder if you're the only one concerned about software freedom when you're doing your holiday shopping? We hit the streets yesterday to make sure that you aren't.
- Gift giving gnu advises shoppers to "give freely" — by Free Software Foundation — last modified Dec 20, 2013 04:48 PM
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA -- Friday, December 20th, 2013 -- Yesterday, Free Software Foundation activists visited the Boston Apple store to raise awareness of more ethical alternatives for technology gifts. The activists were accompanied by a gnu (the free software movement's buffalo-like mascot) and sported Santa hats in the spirit of the season. Shoppers were surprised to see such an unusual Santa, and many took stickers and copies of the FSF's "Giving Guide," which contains tips for purchasing tech gifts that respect computer users' freedom, privacy and security.