Heed this Dennis Bell
- Free Software Directory meeting recap for March 26th, 2017 — by Donald Robertson III — last modified Mar 30, 2017 02:32 PM
- Check out the great work our volunteers accomplished at the last Free Software Directory meeting at LibrePlanet.
- LibrePlanet Day 2, DRM, contributing, and advice — by molly — last modified Mar 28, 2017 02:13 PM
- The second day of LibrePlanet 2017 started with a talk by author, blogger, editor, activist, and Internet freedom fighter Cory Doctorow. Straight through to Sumana Harihareswara's closing keynote, the day was full of conversations and presentations touching on a broad range of topics across the free software movement.
- SecureDrop and Alexandre Oliva are 2016 Free Software Awards winners — by Free Software Foundation — last modified Mar 30, 2017 11:06 AM
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA -- Saturday, March 25, 2017 -- The Free Software Foundation (FSF) today announced the winners of the 2016 Free Software Awards at a ceremony held during the LibrePlanet 2017 conference at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). FSF President Richard M. Stallman presented the Award for the Advancement of Free Software and the Award for Projects of Social Benefit.
- Meet the LibrePlanet 2017 Speakers: Christian Fernandez — by molly — last modified Mar 23, 2017 12:07 PM
- Christian Fernandez is a cyber security expert, joining us at LibrePlanet 2017 to talk about penetration testing and how "pentesting" can be done using entirely free tools.
- Meet the LibrePlanet 2017 Speakers: Denver Gingerich — by Molly de Blanc — last modified Mar 22, 2017 03:55 PM
- Denver Gingerich is the founder and lead developer of JMP (https://jmp.chat/), a free software chat gateway that lets you text and call people using a real phone number without a phone. He's speaking at LibrePlanet 2017 (https://libreplanet.org/2017) (March 25-26th in Cambridge, MA), in Block 5B, from 15:40-16:25 on Sunday. Want to learn more about bringing software freedom to your cell phone? Check out his talk "A fully-free cell phone experience, no baseband required."
- LibrePlanet free software conference returns to MIT this weekend, March 25-26 — by Free Software Foundation — last modified Mar 21, 2017 04:05 PM
- CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts, USA -- Tuesday, March 21, 2017 -- This weekend, the Free Software Foundation (FSF) and MIT's Student Information Processing Board (SIPB) collaborate to bring the LibrePlanet free software conference to Cambridge, March 25-26, 2017, at the Stata Center at MIT.