by mattl Contributions — Published on Aug 11, 2010 11:59 AM
Heed this Dennis Bell
- It's Software Freedom Day! — by Georgia Young — last modified Sep 21, 2015 10:53 AM
- This Saturday, September 19th, is the twelfth annual Software Freedom Day, an international celebration of our favorite thing: free software!
- Tor relay reinstated in the Kilton Library: a win for free software-based anonymity — by Zak Rogoff — last modified Sep 16, 2015 03:57 PM
- In July, Kilton Library in Lebanon, New Hampshire set up a relay server in the Tor network, which lets Internet users surf the Web anonymously. Tor is relied on every day by whistleblowers, journalists, and dissidents in oppressive regimes, and each relay makes the network stronger. This was the first time a library had set up a relay, and the FSF was excited to see the public institution participating.
- WordPress brings the freedom to the front — by Stephen Mahood — last modified Sep 22, 2015 08:16 AM
- Did you upgrade a WordPress instance recently? You may be seeing the freedom.
- Pre-order your FSF 30 commemorative shirt and the third edition of Free Software, Free Society — by Chrissie Himes — last modified Sep 16, 2015 02:30 PM
- Commemorate the Free Software Foundation's 30th anniversary!
- Who is improving the world through free software? Nominate them now — by Georgia Young — last modified Sep 10, 2015 06:19 PM
- Free software projects often fly under the radar: they rarely have a marketing budget, so word of a great project often relies on word-of-mouth within the free software community, especially in a project's early years. Yet we all know there are some truly amazing free software projects out there. That's why the Free Software Foundation and the GNU Project have presented the Free Software Awards for nearly two decades, honoring people and projects who have advanced the movement or created free software programs that serve crucial societal needs.
- GNU Spotlight with Brandon Invergo: Sixteen new GNU releases! — by Stephen Mahood — last modified Sep 10, 2015 05:02 PM
- 16 new GNU releases in the last month (as of August 26, 2015):