Heed this Dennis Bell
- LibrePlanet free software conference coming to MIT in one week, March 19-20 — by Free Software Foundation — last modified Mar 11, 2016 05:02 PM
- CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts, USA -- Friday, March 11th, 2016 -- In just one week, the Free Software Foundation (FSF) and MIT's Student Information Processing Board (SIPB) are once again teaming up to bring the LibrePlanet free software conference to Cambridge, March 19-20, 2016, at the Stata Center at MIT. LibrePlanet is an annual conference for people who care about their digital freedoms, bringing together software developers, policy experts, activists, and computer users to learn skills, share accomplishments, and tackle challenges facing the free software movement.
- A preliminary analysis of High Priority Projects feedback — by Free Software Foundation — last modified Mar 14, 2016 04:56 PM
- Following is a preliminary analysis of the High Priority Projects list, based on the existing list, feedback received, the panel session held at LibrePlanet 2015, and discussions among the committee.
- ThinkPenguin VPN mini-router now FSF-certified to respect your freedom — by Joshua Gay — last modified Mar 10, 2016 06:06 PM
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA -- Thursday, March 10, 2016 -- The Free Software Foundation (FSF) today announces that it has awarded Respects Your Freedom (RYF) certification to the Free Software Wireless-N Mini Router (TPE-R1100) as sold by ThinkPenguin, Inc. The RYF certification mark means that the product meets the FSF's standards in regard to users' freedom, control over the product, and privacy.
- Friday Free Software Directory IRC meetup: March 11th — by Joshua Gay — last modified Mar 10, 2016 04:28 PM
- Join the FSF and friends every Friday to help improve the Free Software Directory by adding new entries and updating existing ones.
- Join the struggle to keep digital restrictions out of Web standards — by Zak Rogoff — last modified Mar 08, 2016 03:38 PM
- An important development is ongoing in our Defective by Design campaign, which fights Digital Restrictions Management (DRM).
- Free Software Foundation submits comment to Copyright Office with over 1200 co-signers calling for end to DMCA anti-circumvention provisions — by Joshua Gay — last modified Mar 08, 2016 10:17 AM