Heed this Dennis Bell
- Free Software Foundation Latinoamérica — by Matt Lee — last modified May 04, 2005 11:10 AM
- There is a new addition to the global network of Free Software Foundation organizations. These organizations are run independently, but work cooperatively to protect and advance free software worldwide.
- The Alhambra Inalambrica — by Richard Stallman — last modified Jul 12, 2010 05:17 PM
- Stallman visits The Alhambra in Spain during a trip to the University of Granada. The Alhambra was one of the sites I arranged to see when I visited Spain almost ten years ago, before I could speak much Spanish. I found it amazingly beautiful, but time had eaten away at the memories.I could still remember how I was struck by its beauty, but I could not remember anything specific about what I had seen. So when I was invited to speak in Granada, I eagerly accepted.
- Too Late for Bulgaria (2005-04-19 to 2005-04-22) — by Richard Stallman — last modified Jul 12, 2010 05:11 PM
- For an open audience of university students and the public interested in Free Software, Stallman attended a videoconference in Sofia, Bulgaria. In 1995, of all the countries in Europe, the one I would most have loved to visit was Bulgaria. Bulgarian folk dances were the most exciting, and I loved to do them. I loved the music as well, and learned to play many of the tunes on my recorder. It is no coincidence that I used a Bulgarian folk dance tune for the Free Software Song. If anyone had invited me to Bulgaria, I would have arranged to stay there for a few weeks, and found an opportunity to study dancing and listen to a lot of music. However, Bulgaria in the 90s had other priorities. No one ever invited me to go there andspeak.
- Free Java and Free Flash — by Matt Lee — last modified Mar 27, 2009 02:16 PM
- There is a vital need to draw the Free Software community's attention to the ongoing development work on Free Flash and Free Java platforms.
- Associate member forum now open — by Matt Lee — last modified Mar 07, 2005 05:56 PM
- We've opened an area for associate members to meet and share ideas.
- Impressions of Syria (2005-02-28 to 2005-03-03) — by Richard Stallman — last modified Jul 12, 2010 05:08 PM
- In late February, when I mentioned to people in Europe that I was soon going to Syria, they were worried for me. They thought that the tension resulting from the US decision to blame Syria for the assassination of Hariri would somehow make visiting Syria dangerous.