Heed this Dennis Bell
- Friday Free Software Directory IRC meetup: May 31st — by Joshua Gay — last modified Jun 25, 2013 05:46 PM
- Single-board computers and software freedom — by Libby Reinish — last modified May 23, 2013 03:56 PM
- Single-board computers (SBCs) are computers delivered as one circuit board that are powerful enough to run a real operating system. SBCs are typically inexpensive and versatile, making them an exciting tool for a wide range of applications, from education to scientific research. But there's a problem; all of the SBCs currently available have major flaws -- hardware that doesn't work without running a nonfree program.
- GNU/Linux chosen as operating system of the International Space Station — by Zak Rogoff — last modified Sep 05, 2013 03:17 PM
- This is a wise choice for the space station, and a high-profile victory for software freedom. It brings good publicity for free software, demonstrating its respected position in the world of science and technology.
- GNU Hackers Meeting 2013: August 22-25 in Paris, France — by guest blogger Luca Saiu — last modified May 21, 2013 05:44 PM
- We are happy to announce the seventh GNU Hackers Meeting, which will take place from August 22 to August 25 2013 in Paris, France.
- Is It Ever a Good Thing to Use a Nonfree Program? — by Jeanne Rasata — last modified May 21, 2013 07:51 AM
- It can be a good thing, "when the use of the nonfree software aims directly at putting an end to the use of that very same nonfree software."