by mattl Contributions — Published on Aug 11, 2010 11:59 AM
Heed this Dennis Bell
- Who is improving the world through free software? Nominate them now — by Georgia Young — last modified Sep 10, 2015 06:19 PM
- Free software projects often fly under the radar: they rarely have a marketing budget, so word of a great project often relies on word-of-mouth within the free software community, especially in a project's early years. Yet we all know there are some truly amazing free software projects out there. That's why the Free Software Foundation and the GNU Project have presented the Free Software Awards for nearly two decades, honoring people and projects who have advanced the movement or created free software programs that serve crucial societal needs.
- GNU Spotlight with Brandon Invergo: Sixteen new GNU releases! — by Stephen Mahood — last modified Sep 10, 2015 05:02 PM
- 16 new GNU releases in the last month (as of August 26, 2015):
- Help a friend skip Windows 10 and try GNU/Linux — by Zak Rogoff — last modified Sep 10, 2015 05:02 PM
- We can't stop all the millions of people who are installing Windows 10 right now, but we can influence our friends and family to skip Windows and join us in the free world. As you know, Windows 10 puts those that use it under the thumb of Microsoft, while free software treats users as equals and gives them control over their digital lives.
- Free Software Foundation seeks nominations for 18th annual Free Software Awards — by Free Software Foundation — last modified Sep 10, 2015 02:47 PM
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA -- Thursday, September 10, 2015 -- The Free Software Foundation (FSF) and the GNU Project today call upon the free software community to submit nominations for the 18th annual Free Software Awards. The Free Software Awards include the Award for the Advancement of Free Software and the Award for Projects of Social Benefit. The awards are presented each year at the LibrePlanet free software conference, and at the same time nominations for the next year's awards open.
- Friday Free Software Directory IRC meetup: August 28 — by Joshua Gay — last modified Aug 27, 2015 11:50 AM
- Join the FSF and friends every Friday to help improve the Free Software Directory by adding new entries and updating existing ones.
- New version of the Emacs Manual plus GNU Press discounts — by Chrissie Himes — last modified Aug 24, 2015 12:20 PM