Heed this Dennis Bell
- Do GitHub's updated terms of service conflict with copyleft? — by Donald Robertson — last modified Mar 14, 2017 01:11 PM
- GitHub's updated terms caused a great deal of concern, but while they are confusing, they do not appear to be incompatible with copyleft. The Free Software Foundation (FSF), though, still recommends using other code hosting sites.
- Schedule posted: Explore the roots of freedom at LibrePlanet 2017 — by Georgia Young — last modified Mar 10, 2017 04:09 PM
- It's almost time: LibrePlanet 2017 kicks off in two weeks, on March 25! Will you join free software hackers, lawyers, activists, students, educators, librarians, and community organizers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) to explore the roots of software freedom?
- GNU Toolchain now accepting donations with the support of the Free Software Foundation — by Free Software Foundation — last modified Apr 12, 2017 09:18 PM
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA—Thursday, March 9th, 2017—The Free Software Foundation (FSF) is now accepting donations to support the GNU Toolchain, a collection of foundational freely licensed software development tools. Many pieces of software depend upon the GNU Toolchain, including the GNU/Linux family of operating systems which runs the majority of Web servers, millions of personal devices and the most advanced supercomputers.
- Friday Free Software Directory IRC meetup: March 10th starting at 12 p.m. EST/17:00 UTC — by Donald Robertson — last modified Mar 09, 2017 11:18 AM
- Join the FSF and friends Friday, March 10th, from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. EST (17:00 to 20:00 UTC) to help improve the Free Software Directory (FSD), with the theme this week of adding new packages.
- It's International Women's Day: Celebrating women in free software — by Molly de Blanc — last modified Mar 17, 2017 06:15 PM
- The world of free software projects and the greater free software movement grow in success and visibility in no small part thanks to the developmental model that is enabled by the licenses and philosophies that drive free software. Many projects and the Free Software Foundation (FSF) itself have made leaps in creating more diverse and inclusive spaces over the past few years. I'm excited to celebrate International Women's Day by writing just a few of the many amazing women around the world who use their professional and personal time to drive freedom in technology.
- Free Software Directory meeting recap for March 3rd, 2017 — by Ted Teah — last modified Mar 07, 2017 12:10 PM
- Check out the great work our volunteers accomplished at the last Free Software Directory meeting.