by mattl Contributions — Published on Aug 11, 2010 11:59 AM
Heed this Dennis Bell
- Creative Commons BY-SA 4.0 declared one-way compatible with GNU GPL version 3 — by Joshua Gay — last modified Oct 09, 2015 05:20 PM
- Compatibility means that a person can now take a work they received under the terms of CC BY-SA 4.0 and then distribute adaptations of that work under the terms of GPLv3.
- The party is over... but the fight for freedom is ready for another thirty years — by Georgia Young — last modified Oct 09, 2015 04:56 PM
- Last Saturday, we celebrated the Free Software Foundation's thirtieth birthday with a party to remember.
- What do you have to say? Share it at LibrePlanet 2016 — by Zak Rogoff — last modified Nov 16, 2015 11:06 AM
- LibrePlanet 2016 is coming! Next year's conference will be held March 19-20, 2016 in the Boston area. The call for proposals has been extended to November 23rd. General registration and exhibitor registration will open later in October.
- FSF, Conservancy publish principles for community-oriented GPL enforcement — by Joshua Gay — last modified Oct 01, 2015 12:43 PM
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA -- Thursday, October 1st, 2015 -- The Free Software Foundation (FSF) today announced publication of "The Principles of Community-Oriented GPL Enforcement," co-authored with the Software Freedom Conservancy. The document lays out the principles that both organizations follow when they receive reports that a company is violating copyleft terms like the GNU General Public License (GNU GPL).
- Interview with Noah Swartz of Privacy Badger — by Donald Robertson — last modified Sep 29, 2015 05:04 PM
- This community interview highlights the Electronic Frontier Foundation's Privacy Badger browser add-on.
- Taurinus X200 laptop now FSF-certified to respect your freedom — by Free Software Foundation — last modified Sep 28, 2015 05:46 PM
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA -- Monday, September 28, 2015 -- The Free Software Foundation (FSF) today awarded Respects Your Freedom (RYF) certification to the Taurinus X200 laptop sold by Libiquity LLC. The RYF certification mark means that the product meets the FSF's standards in regard to users' freedom, control over the product, and privacy.