The Document Foundation - Administrative Assistant
Having grown rapidly over the past year, TDF’s amount of administrative work needs someone who reliably and regularly dedicates time and effort to handling it. The role, which is scheduled for approximately 10-15 hours per week includes amongst other items:
- handling and checking of travel refunds
- routing incoming correspondence from e-mail, fax and snail mail
- checking invoices
- archiving of documents, files and invoices in our internal file storage
- distributing merchandise and other TDF assets via mail
- writing minutes of board meetings
- keeping track of TDF hardware assets
- regularly checking our bank, PayPal, Bitcoin and credit card accounts (no bookkeeping/accounting required)
- ordering goods and hardware on TDF’s behalf, including shipping to final recipients
- assisting the board with maintaining the internal calendar
- arranging travel and lodging for community members
- preparing annual donation confirmations to be signed by the board
Previous experience with such tasks is highly welcome, but not a strict requirement, as guidance in the job is offered. Speaking and writing English fluently is a mandatory requirement.
The work time during the day is flexible, apart from some fixed times when availability is required (e.g. during meetings, which usually take place at 1500 or 1600 UTC once every two weeks). Applicants are expected, however, to be available at least two days per week.
Given a good track record, and TDF’s demands growing, there is a possibility of increasing worktime later on. Candidates looking for a mid- to long-term work relationship are therefore highly welcome.
TDF welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Suitably qualified Members of The Document Foundation (“Board of Trustees”) are preferred over other applicants.
The job is offered on a freelance basis. Work happens from the applicant’s home office, which can be located anywhere in the world.
TDF is looking forward to receiving your applications, including curriculum vitae, your financial expectations, and the earliest date of your availability, via e-mail to Florian Effenberger at email@example.com no later than November 30th, 2013. You can encrypt your message via PGP/GnuPG.
If you haven’t received feedback by December 31st, 2013, your application could not be considered.