Software Freedom Law Center - Executive Assistant
The Software Freedom Law Center (“SFLC”) provides pro bono legal services to developers of free software. We provide our clients with licensing advice, license defense, trademark counseling, patent defense, and non-profit organizational assistance. We also produce educational and advocacy materials regarding legal issues related to free and open source software.
The SFLC seeks an Executive Assistant to provide full-time administrative support for the Executive Director and the office. The Executive Assistant is responsible for a broad range of duties.
- Manages the Executive Director's calendar, scheduling and confirming meetings, and coordinating meetings and conferences.
- Oversees the coordination of the Executive Director's travel arrangements and itineraries and prepares expense reports in compliance with SFLC guidelines.
- Prepares correspondence, meeting agendas, reports, and presentations as directed.
- Oversees collection of materials for and organization of the Executive Director's files.
- Greets and directs visitors.
- Manages the flow of incoming communications, reading, distributing and responding to correspondence for the office.
- Screens and monitors calls and emails, fielding questions, and/or forwarding them to the appropriate person.
- Handles special projects, conducts research, analyzes data and generates reports as instructed.
- Helps to facilitate smooth operations of the office and to implement organizational objectives.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent in education and experience, and a minimum of two years of related experience required.
- MUST be detail-oriented with excellent verbal and written communications skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with free software for office use.
- Ability to set priorities, handle multiple assignments, and work with diplomacy and efficiency.
- Driver's license preferred but not required.
Commensurate with experience. Full benefits package provided.
Please email a resume and cover letter, in a free format, to Tanisha Madrid-Batista, SFLC Business Manager, at email@example.com