KDE e.V. - Event Manager
This is a limited contract starting immediately and is expected to end in November 2014. The exact timing and duration of the contract will be agreed upon with the applicant. The position can be based in KDE e.V.'s office in Berlin, but the position is also open to remote work. The event manager is expected to attend the conference and provide on-the-ground management and logistics during the event.
- Drive the organisation of KDE's annual community gathering in collaboration with the local team and other volunteers
- Support the community in defining the content of the event
- Coordinate volunteers
- Negotiate with and support sponsors and partners
- Negotiate and coordinate with vendors
- Assist some of the participants with travel arrangements
- Support the community in reporting about the event
- Experience with organising large events
- Fluent in English (spoken and written). German is a plus. Czech is a plus.
- Experience working in the open and in a volunteer community
- Self-organized and motivated hands-on personality
What KDE has to offer
- Working with a highly motivated team of volunteers
- Collaborating with people from all around the world
- Chance to make a difference for a large free software community
How to Apply
Please send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: event manager application). Please also don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
About KDE e.V.
KDE e.V. is a non-profit organization dedicated to representing the KDE project in legal and financial issues. The KDE Community is an international technology team dedicated to creating a free and user-friendly computing experience, offering an advanced graphical desktop, a wide variety of applications for communication, work, education and entertainment and a platform to easily build new applications upon.
More information about the job posting can be found here: http://ev.kde.org/resources/eventmanager-advert.pdf