Senior Software Engineer at Open Data Group, Chicago (River Forest), IL
Do you enjoy:
- Finding solutions where defining the problem is half of the task?
- Inventing new approaches and applying them?
- Working with extremely bright people?
If so, we would like to speak to you.
Open Data is searching for a senior software engineer to lead the ongoing development and release of a free software stack for high performance analytics. This position requires U.S. citizenship.
Please have the following qualifications:
- Minimum five years of industry software development experience.
- Interest in contributing to Open Data's free software infrastructure.
- Experience with Python and free software release is a plus.
- Interest in coding numerical algorithms and architecting complex applications. BS or higher in computer science, mathematics, physical sciences, or related field is preferred.
- Desire to lead team in software engineering best practices.
About Open Data Group
Open Data is a leading provider of strategic consulting and outsourced analytic services that enable our clients to use data analytics to further their business objectives. Open Data was founded in 2002 and has completed a variety of innovative and challenging projects with market leaders, including: developing a risk model for a payments card processor, introducing a new award winning approach to data quality, developing a fraud model for an internet company, and developing a utilization model for a health care provider. We have also developed several different proprietary trading models.
Open Data's philosophy is to identify and to advocate analytics projects that further our client's strategic objectives. We encourage the use of a free software infrastructure based upon GNU/Linux, R, Python, etc. for data mining and outsourced analytical services. Open Data has a track record of innovation in analytics and is looking for individuals who are interested in continuing this tradition.
Open Data provides full benefits.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter in plain text to xx at opendatagroup.com. Principals only please. Please replace xx with hr to create a valid email address.
For more information, please visit: www.opendatagroup.com.