FSF Campaigns Manager, (Boston, MA)
The Campaigns Manager implements the FSF communications strategy and works as part of a team to develop and implement issue campaigns and community resources, acting as a spokesperson on matters of software freedom. The Campaigns Manager handles writing, editing, speaking, and research related to these activist and program efforts. She/he coordinates the GNU Chief Webmaster and the other Webmaster volunteers to develop FSF and GNU web sites, as well as related graphic design tasks as assigned by management. The position also plans and implements proposals to increase fundraising, and serves as a main point of contact between the Foundation and the free software community.
The salary is fixed at $53,851/year and that is non-negotiable.
- You must be a free software activist with a commitment to computer user freedom and be able to demonstrate your knowledge of the policies and work of the Foundation.
- Have persuasive written communication and public speaking skills in matters of software and computing.
- Possess the technical skills of a Webmaster in designing, developing, promoting and maintaining a website, including ability to write valid HTML and CSS by hand, experience with web accessibility techniques, and some familiarity with version control and Web publishing systems.
- Extensive experience using the GNU/Linux operating system, including basic shell knowledge and familiarity with the process of researching and choosing free software tools for collaborative projects.
- Graphic design experience and working knowledge of free software design tools for web and print.
- Experience of organizing events and handling community relations in a diplomatic way.
- Able to demonstrate that you can work in a precise way, handling multiple campaign tasks.
Benefits include the following:
- full family health coverage through Blue Cross/Blue Shield,
- four weeks of paid vacation annually,
- seventeen paid holidays annually,
- public transit commuting cost reimbursement,
- 403(b) program through TIAA-CREF,
- limited relocation expenses,
- somewhat flexible work hours.
Unfortunately, because of visa restrictions in the US, only US-based applicants can be considered.
Resumes and cover letters must be submitted via email to. The email must contain the subject line, "Campaigns Manager". Cover letters and resumes should be in plain text files, Open Document Format (ODF) or PDF. Resumes not sent via email or submissions that do not follow these instructions will be ignored.