Data.gov - IT specialist
The Information Technology Specialist (INET) position is primarily concerned with the development of technical solutions, business processes, and information technology policies to ensure the functionality of Data.gov as the central government-wide website for federal agency free data. Responsibilities include overseeing technical development and implementation of free data solutions, coordination with federal agencies on free data issues, and conducting outreach to federal agencies, citizens, and other stakeholders republishing free data from across the federal government of Data.gov.
This position is located in the Office of Citizens Services and Innovative Technologies (OCSIT), Office of Innovative Technologies (OIT), General Services Administration (GSA) in Washington DC.
GSA offers its employees a wide range of benefits including:
- Federal health insurance plans (choose from a wide range of plans)
- Life insurance coverage with several options to choose from
- Leave policies to help you take care of your personal, recreational, and health care needs
- Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan)
- Flexible work schedules and telework
- Transit and child care subsidies
- Training and development
Apply as Merit Promotion (open to current federal employees): https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/363325400
Apply as Delegated Examining (open to all sources): https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/363324500