Clinical Future - Hacker
Versatile Hacker: Cloud, REST, Rails, Python, Go
Write free software at work!
We’re the startup behind https://arvados.org/, the free software platform for managing, analyzing, and sharing genomic and other biomedical big data. We recently raised venture funding, and we are looking to expand our engineering team.
Arvados provides the computational and storage infrastructure for precision medicine — health care that leverages the analysis of biomedical data to prevent, diagnose, and treat a wide range of diseases.
As a founding team, we’ve brought together engineers and scientists from the Personal Genome Project at Harvard Medical School and experienced enterprise software entrepreneurs.
You have lots of choices. Here are some reasons you may want to work with us:
- Make a difference - We’re building software that will be the backbone of modern medicine. Really.
- Hard problems - You’ll work on hard, interesting problems. Genomics and biomedical big data is a new field that poses novel challenges for software infrastructure. We’re at the cutting edge of solving those problems.
- Diverse work - We are building a big system with a lot of pieces. You won’t get stuck working on some small part of the system.
- Free software - Everything we build is free software: AGPLv3 for the main codebase, Apache v2 for SDKs.
- Competitive compensation - We offer competitive compensation packages including cash, equity, and benefits.
You’re a hacker who loves writing code. You enjoy solving difficult problems with creative, elegant solutions. You work well in a small team of equals; you are a good communicator. You’re dependable and expect your colleagues to be, too. You thrive in a meritocracy. You love learning new technologies. You enjoy operating in a free software environment, and you’re looking forward to helping build the Arvados community. You have experience building large, complex software systems.
Topics of interest
We are especially interested in developers with expertise and interest in these areas.
- Content addressable storage
- Distributed file systems
- Python, Ruby, Go, Perl, R, Java, C, C++
- REST APIs and SDKs
- Real time queries on big data sets
- Highly available fault-tolerant systems
- UI/UX design
Our office is in Boston, in the Innovation District area near South Station.
How to Apply
If you’re interested, please write to email@example.com. Include a short note about why you’d like to work with us, a resume or link to your LinkedIn profile, and a link to some code you’ve written.