User Liberation: Watch and share our new video
Please help us spread free software awareness by watching this video and sharing it with friends via email and social media.
We partnered with Urchin to make this animated introduction to free software. Urchin made the video using free software. People have been looking to the FSF for thirty years for explanations about the importance of free software. We want to make more videos like this, and other materials, but they cost money. If we meet our annual fundraising goal of $525,000 by January 31st, you can be sure there will be more great projects to come in 2015.
This is the biggest fundraising week of the year, and we still have a ways to go if we are to meet our goal by January 31st. Please show your love for this video by making a donation or becoming a member today.
User Liberation by the Free Software Foundation is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Embed on your site or blog: <video src="//static.fsf.org/nosvn/FSF30-video/FSF_30_720p.webm" controls width="640" height="390"></video>
UrchinFateh Slavitskaya (Script, Voice, Production), Bassam Kurdali (Animation, Production)
Free Software FoundationLibby Reinish, John Sullivan, Zak Rogoff
To the extent possible under law, the authors (listed by freesound.org username) of the SFX below have dedicated all copyright and related and neighboring rights to these works to the public domain worldwide via the Creative Commons Zero (CC0) declaration and license.
- gong by airtaxi
- far off boom by CaCtUs2003
- digital bells up down by crashoverride61088
- fast simple chop 1 by dave des
- digital camera on by davidbain
- big-room-ambience-1 by ecfike
- crumple dry leaf 1 by elliotlp
- crumple dry leaf 2 by elliotlp
- ambience with modulation by flint10
- room tone ambience large theatre low hum by gchase
- typing by hunter4708
- determined typing on a keyboard by irishcinema
- alaskan air traffic control by jamesabdulrahman
- digital data beeps by jasonlon
- digital hit by lavik89
- digital switch by lloydevans09
- digital whoosh soft by ludvique
- dmp car passby 2 by martypinso
- dmp int car passby 1 by martypinso
- metallic whoosh by misscellany
- highway, atmo, distant by monotraum
- couch quick rise up 4 bip by muses212
- cinematic impact by northern monkey
- apox by pandotrixemark
- balloon rub by simosco
- boom by snapper4298
- rain cracking rumbling by soundsexciting
- cinematic deep tremor by swiftoid
- underwater ambience lake lbj 08232013 1 by wjoojoo
- heartbeatnew by woodingp
Original music and SFX by James P. McQuoid is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license.
SoftwareScript: gedit, Piratepad, TextPlay (command line fountain renderer), Trelby (dedicated screenwriting application)
Sound recording: Audacity (voice), Ardour (music)
Story boards: Krita
Vector Mockups: Inkscape
Visuals, animation, rendering, editing, sound editing: Blender
webm encoding: Transmageddon (first batch), Pitivi (second batch)