GNU Spotlight with Karl Berry (November 2013)
44 new GNU releases in the last two months (as of November 25, 2013):
To get announcements of most new GNU releases, subscribe to the info-gnu mailing list: https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/info-gnu. Nearly all GNU software is available from https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/, or preferably one of its mirrors (https://www.gnu.org/prep/ftp.html). You can use the url http://ftpmirror.gnu.org/ to be automatically redirected to a (hopefully) nearby and up-to-date mirror.
We welcome quite a few new maintainers for this time:
- Bruce Korb as the maintainer of his new package gnu-pw-mgr; Bruce also maintains autogen, complexity, and sharutils.
- Carsten Reith as the new maintainer of GNU UUCP.
- Luis Falcon and Sebastian Marro as co-maintainers of the new package GNU LIMS, adding to Luis's work maintaining GNU Health.
- Paul Hardy as the maintainer of the new package Unifont (finally officially GNU!).
- Sami Kerola as a new co-maintainer of GNU Hello.
- Yann Dirson as the new maintainer of GNU Shogi.
Thanks to all.
A number of GNU packages, as well as the GNU operating system as a whole, are looking for maintainers and other assistance. Please see https://www.gnu.org/server/takeaction.html#unmaint if you'd like to help. The general page on how to help GNU is at https://www.gnu.org/help/help.html. To submit new packages to the GNU operating system, see https://www.gnu.org/help/evaluation.html.
As always, please feel free to write to me, email@example.com, with any GNUish questions or suggestions for future installments.