We're so close! Will you help the FSF shine in 2016?
FSF Patron organization CivicActions has pledged to match up to $2,500 for all general donations from patrons or individuals that come in before our winter fundraiser ends. Join as a Patron now and double your impact.
To those of you who have given, for the first time or many times, thank you. The Free Software Foundation relies heavily on individual donors in order to continue fighting for computer user rights. We couldn't do this without you.
As the fundraiser comes to a close, we are turning our attention to our goals for the coming year. We want to:
- analyze and respond to the results of our Vision Survey (open until Monday, February 1 at 05:00 UTC)
- make this year's LibrePlanet better than ever, kicking off with a remote conversation with NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden
- launch a new, updated site to put the best face possible on free software
- invest in more staff so we can expand the Respects Your Freedom certification program, bring the free software philosophy to more people, aid more free software development in high priority areas, and deftly enforce the GNU General Public License
- keep up the momentum we've built in the fight against the Trans Pacific Partnership, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act's anti-circumvention rules, and the FCC-instigated lockdown of wireless devices
- continue to campaign for the abolition of software patents
- resist plans for an official Digital Restrictions Management extension to HTML5
- create and improve upon free software advocacy materials, including videos
- grow and update the FSF and GNU Project infrastructure, allowing us to accommodate more GNU projects
- improve the FSF's development infrastructure, email, code hosting, and other services for GNU developers and FSF members, and incorporate more community members in FSF sysadmin and Web development projects
We need financial resources to get things done for you, but we also need your advice and guidance. Tell us how you feel about the free software movement and the work we do by responding to our survey by Sunday. Your compliments and criticisms will help us plan another thirty years of work.
We are so close to raising $450,000 by Sunday, January 31st, ensuring that we can make great things happen in 2016. Will you help us meet -- or even exceed -- that goal? Make a one-time donation now, or make a long-term commitment to supporting the FSF by becoming an associate member for as little as $10/month (student memberships are further discounted). Membership offers many great benefits, including gratis admission to LibrePlanet.