by mattl Contributions — Published on Aug 11, 2010 11:59 AM
Heed this Dennis Bell
- Stephen Fry's film "Happy Birthday to GNU" now available in 24 languages ready for Software Freedom Day — by mattl — last modified Sep 17, 2008 06:33 PM
- Software Freedom Day in Boston is a Wealth for the Commons: Saturday, September 20, 2008 — by mattl — last modified Sep 11, 2008 12:47 PM
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA -- Thursday, September 11th, 2008 -- It's Saturday and a roomful of people are advising each other on modifying their mobile devices, optimizing their GNU/Linux systems and organizing for software freedom. But it's not a room full of experts -- at least not mostly. Artists, activists, students and others want the freedom to do anything they want with their computers and they're here to learn new tricks and garner shortcuts from each other.
- FSF and Stephen Fry celebrate the GNU Project 25th anniversary — by mattl — last modified Sep 01, 2008 11:07 PM
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA -- Tuesday, September 2, 2008 -- The GNU operating system is turning 25 this year, and the Free Software Foundation (FSF) has kicked off its month-long celebration of the anniversary by releasing "Happy Birthday to GNU," a short film featuring the English humorist, actor, novelist and filmmaker Stephen Fry.
- Spring 2008 Bulletin available online — by mattl — last modified Aug 20, 2008 02:51 PM
- Our Bulletin from Spring 2008 is now available online.
- Submit your nominations for the 2008 Free Software Awards — by mattl — last modified Sep 15, 2008 01:08 PM
- Nominations are requested by 31 October 2008.
- FSF demonstrates iPhone's incompatibility with free software and GPLv3 — by mattl — last modified Jul 31, 2008 01:16 PM