Heed this Dennis Bell
- Call for nominations for the 2005 FSF Award for the Advancement of Free Software — by Matt Lee — last modified Aug 22, 2005 03:38 PM
- Send in your nominations by 31 October 2005.
- Venezuela (2005-07-20 to 2005-07-31) — by Richard Stallman — last modified Jul 12, 2010 05:51 PM
- Speaking for the "Primer Congreso Nacional de Software Libre," Richard Stallman took an opportunity to promote software freedoms in Maracaibo, Venezuela. Stallman then traveled to Caracas for the launch of Venezuela's newest TV news channel, Telesur. He had a slight change in schedule, meeting with Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez. In Merida, Stallman's next stop in Venezuela, he spoke for the networking workshop called WALC 2005, organized by ESLARED.
- FSF honored with Prix Ars Electronica award — by Matt Lee — last modified Jul 06, 2005 05:44 PM
- The Free Software Foundation has been honored with an Award of Distinction in the category of "Digital Communities".
- Parliament rejects patents — by Matt Lee — last modified Jul 06, 2005 11:17 AM
- RMS: Microsoft's New Monopoly — by Matt Lee — last modified Jul 05, 2005 12:47 PM
- A new article by Richard Stallman addresses the relationship between patents, Microsoft file formats, and the upcoming vote in Europe.
- Fireworks in Montreal (2005-07-01 to 2005-07-05) — by Richard Stallman — last modified Jul 12, 2010 05:36 PM
- For the beginning of July I went to Montreal. I had been invited for a conference on software and education, but it seems like too much of a rush to stay for just two days, and not efficient to make the trip for just one speech. So I arranged a second speech at the University of Quebec.