Heed this Dennis Bell
- Too Late for Bulgaria (2005-04-19 to 2005-04-22) — by Richard Stallman — last modified Jul 12, 2010 05:11 PM
- For an open audience of university students and the public interested in Free Software, Stallman attended a videoconference in Sofia, Bulgaria. In 1995, of all the countries in Europe, the one I would most have loved to visit was Bulgaria. Bulgarian folk dances were the most exciting, and I loved to do them. I loved the music as well, and learned to play many of the tunes on my recorder. It is no coincidence that I used a Bulgarian folk dance tune for the Free Software Song. If anyone had invited me to Bulgaria, I would have arranged to stay there for a few weeks, and found an opportunity to study dancing and listen to a lot of music. However, Bulgaria in the 90s had other priorities. No one ever invited me to go there andspeak.
- Free Java and Free Flash — by Matt Lee — last modified Mar 27, 2009 02:16 PM
- There is a vital need to draw the Free Software community's attention to the ongoing development work on Free Flash and Free Java platforms.
- Associate member forum now open — by Matt Lee — last modified Mar 07, 2005 05:56 PM
- We've opened an area for associate members to meet and share ideas.
- Impressions of Syria (2005-02-28 to 2005-03-03) — by Richard Stallman — last modified Jul 12, 2010 05:08 PM
- In late February, when I mentioned to people in Europe that I was soon going to Syria, they were worried for me. They thought that the tension resulting from the US decision to blame Syria for the assassination of Hariri would somehow make visiting Syria dangerous.
- FSF files amicus brief in Supreme Court music-sharing case — by Matt Lee — last modified Mar 07, 2005 05:34 PM
- The Free Software Foundation today will file an amicus brief in support of its colleagues at the Electronic Frontier Foundation who are representing Grokster, Ltd. and others before the US Supreme Court in MGM v. Grokster, which will be heard at the end of this month.
- Stallman calls for action on Free BIOS — by Matt Lee — last modified Jan 14, 2008 03:44 PM
- FOSDEM - Brussels, Belgium - Saturday February 26, 2005. Speech by FSF President Richard Stallman