Heed this Dennis Bell
- The University of the Western Cape commits R10 million for Free Software student enrollment management system — by Matt Lee — last modified May 05, 2005 12:20 PM
- "The collaborative Free Software approach is the one that is most sustainable in the long-term."
- Free Software Foundation Latinoamérica — by Matt Lee — last modified May 04, 2005 11:10 AM
- There is a new addition to the global network of Free Software Foundation organizations. These organizations are run independently, but work cooperatively to protect and advance free software worldwide.
- The Alhambra Inalambrica — by Richard Stallman — last modified Jul 12, 2010 05:17 PM
- Stallman visits The Alhambra in Spain during a trip to the University of Granada. The Alhambra was one of the sites I arranged to see when I visited Spain almost ten years ago, before I could speak much Spanish. I found it amazingly beautiful, but time had eaten away at the memories.I could still remember how I was struck by its beauty, but I could not remember anything specific about what I had seen. So when I was invited to speak in Granada, I eagerly accepted.
- Too Late for Bulgaria (2005-04-19 to 2005-04-22) — by Richard Stallman — last modified Jul 12, 2010 05:11 PM
- For an open audience of university students and the public interested in Free Software, Stallman attended a videoconference in Sofia, Bulgaria. In 1995, of all the countries in Europe, the one I would most have loved to visit was Bulgaria. Bulgarian folk dances were the most exciting, and I loved to do them. I loved the music as well, and learned to play many of the tunes on my recorder. It is no coincidence that I used a Bulgarian folk dance tune for the Free Software Song. If anyone had invited me to Bulgaria, I would have arranged to stay there for a few weeks, and found an opportunity to study dancing and listen to a lot of music. However, Bulgaria in the 90s had other priorities. No one ever invited me to go there andspeak.
- Free Java and Free Flash — by Matt Lee — last modified Mar 27, 2009 02:16 PM
- There is a vital need to draw the Free Software community's attention to the ongoing development work on Free Flash and Free Java platforms.
- Associate member forum now open — by Matt Lee — last modified Mar 07, 2005 05:56 PM
- We've opened an area for associate members to meet and share ideas.