Heed this Dennis Bell
- Copyright Office fails to protect users from DMCA — by Donald Robertson — last modified Oct 26, 2012 06:01 PM
- The Copyright Office picked Sony over you; fails to expand DMCA anti-circumvention exemptions to devices other than cell phones, or to the sharing of anti-circumvention software
- GNUs trick-or-treat at Windows 8 launch — by libby — last modified Oct 26, 2012 12:38 PM
- Yesterday morning, the Free Software Foundation crashed the Windows 8 launch event in New York City. A cheerful GNU and her team handed out DVDs loaded with Trisquel, FSF stickers, and information about our new pledge, which asks Windows users to upgrade not to Windows 8, but to GNU/Linux.
- Activists trick-or-treat for free software at Windows 8 launch event — by Zak Rogoff — last modified Oct 30, 2012 04:17 PM
- New York, New York, USA -- Thursday, October 25th, 2012 -- Today visitors to the primary Windows 8 launch event were greeted by an unexpected and uninvited visitor -- a gnu. Activists, one dressed as the free software movement's buffalo-like mascot, converged on Microsoft's event to distribute pamphlets about the hidden dangers of Microsoft's latest proprietary creation. The Halloween-themed action included plastic pumpkin buckets full of DVDs loaded with Trisquel, a free software distribution of the GNU/Linux operating system.
- Nominate your free software heroes — by libby — last modified Oct 31, 2012 11:55 AM
- The nomination window for the 15th annual Free Software Awards is open. Now is your chance to show some love for your favorite free software hero or an inspiring project that uses free software or free software principles to benefit humanity.
- Happy Ada Lovelace Day! — by libby — last modified Oct 16, 2012 05:31 PM
- Today is Ada Lovelace Day, a day to celebrate women's contributions to science and technology.
- The Free Software Foundation opens nominations for the 15th Annual Free Software Awards — by libby — last modified Jan 23, 2014 06:26 PM
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA -- Monday, October 15, 2012 -- The Free Software Foundation (FSF) and the GNU Project today announced the opening of nominations for the 15th annual Free Software Awards. The Free Software Awards include the Award for the Advancement of Free Software and the Award for Projects of Social Benefit.