Heed this Dennis Bell
- Action needed on Hague Treaty — by Matt Lee — last modified May 26, 2005 10:52 AM
- US citizens: please write a letter to the US Department of State saying you want the proposed Hague Convention (about international recognition of choice-of-court clauses) not to apply to non-negotiated contracts (such as clickwrap contracts).
- Comments needed on software patents — by Matt Lee — last modified May 19, 2005 10:22 AM
- Moors, Christians, and no Atheists (2005-04-26 to 2005-05-09) — by Richard Stallman — last modified Jul 12, 2010 05:24 PM
- A whirlwind trip around Spain in late April brought Stallman to places such as Granada, Ourense, Vigo, Galicia, La Coruna, Madrid, Castellon and Valencia. In La Coruna and in Castellon, he met with Computer Science students. Madrid's Fundacion Conocimiento Libre (Free Knowledge Foundation) named Stallman an "Honor's Patron" and invited him to give a speech there. He visited Spain coming directly from Sofia, Bulgaria, and he leaves immediately after for Bologna, Italy. After Granada I stopped for one day in Madrid, where I participated in a protest against software patents. There was a protest at everyuniversity in Spain, and I read that 15,000 people participated.
- Volunteers needed to build, test and package free OpenOffice.org 2.0 — by Matt Lee — last modified Jul 06, 2005 05:11 PM
- The FSF is looking for volunteers to build, test and package fully free versions of OpenOffice.org 2.0 that use GCJ as a replacement for the non-free Java platform.
- The University of the Western Cape commits R10 million for Free Software student enrollment management system — by Matt Lee — last modified May 05, 2005 12:20 PM
- "The collaborative Free Software approach is the one that is most sustainable in the long-term."
- Free Software Foundation Latinoamérica — by Matt Lee — last modified May 04, 2005 11:10 AM
- There is a new addition to the global network of Free Software Foundation organizations. These organizations are run independently, but work cooperatively to protect and advance free software worldwide.