Heed this Dennis Bell
- GPL Enforcement in Apple's App Store — by brett — last modified May 27, 2010 07:12 AM
- An iPhone port of GNU Go is currently being distributed through Apple's App Store. However, this distribution is not in compliance with the GNU GPL. The primary problem is that Apple imposes numerous legal restrictions on use and distribution of GNU Go through the iTunes Store Terms of Service, which is forbidden by section 6 of GPLv2. So today we have written to Apple and asked them to come into compliance. We would be happy to see Apple distribute these programs under the GPL's terms, but unfortunately, it seems much more likely that they'll simply make the problem go away by removing GNU Go from the App Store.
- Bilski and Patent Absurdity — by peterb — last modified Jul 29, 2013 02:52 PM
- Who should see the documentary film Patent Absurdity?
- Free Software Foundation statement on WebM and VP8 — by Matt Lee — last modified May 19, 2010 03:19 PM
- Chris Hofstader appointed as GNU access technology director — by peterb — last modified May 17, 2010 12:55 PM
- GNU Project appoints director of access technology software and publishes GNU Accessibility Statement
- FSF launches free software extension listing for OpenOffice.org — by John Sullivan — last modified May 07, 2010 04:50 PM
- Breakthrough for Free Software Gaming — by peterb — last modified May 06, 2010 09:31 AM
- Breakthrough for Free Software Gaming--Ryzom Announces Full Release of Source Code and Artwork, and a Partnership with the Free Software Foundation to Host a Repository of the Game's Artistic Assets