Heed this Dennis Bell
- Android GPLv2 termination worries: one more reason to upgrade to GPLv3 — by brett — last modified Aug 18, 2011 06:48 PM
- Distributors lose their rights when they violate GPLv2, but the Free Software Foundation is more forgiving in its license enforcement to encourage continued participation in the free software community. GPLv3 has improved termination provisions to codify this approach, giving developers one more reason to upgrade.
- Photos from Richard Stallman's talk in London, March 2011 — by Jeanne Rasata — last modified Aug 12, 2011 03:10 PM
- RMS was in London to give his speech "A Free Digital Society," at Savoy Place, where 450 people were in attendance to hear him speak.
- A selection of photographs from some of RMS's past events — by Jeanne Rasata — last modified Aug 10, 2011 02:00 PM
- Here are photos taken at some of the many speeches Richard Stallman has given this year.
- GNU Emacs Manual, Sixteenth Edition for Version 23.3 now available — by Donald Robertson III — last modified Aug 02, 2011 07:01 PM
- We here at GNU Press are proud to announce the release of the latest version of our GNU Emacs Manual for GNU Emacs version 23.3.
- Helping out This American Life—with an Ogg copy of the show — by brett — last modified Aug 24, 2011 10:23 AM
- Last week, we asked you all to write to This American Life to thank them for their episode about software patents, "When Patents Attack!", and ask them to make it available in Ogg Vorbis format. We thought it would also be helpful to offer them a copy of the show that's already been converted to Ogg Vorbis; with this, the only work they have to do is copy that file and post it on their own servers. Here's the text of the letter we sent them.
- FSF seeks full-time senior GNU/Linux systems administrator — by Joshua Gay — last modified Aug 01, 2011 04:23 PM
- The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded GNU/Linux systems administrator who enjoys learning and problem-solving. (S)he will be familiar with the free software community and how it works, and will be more interested in making a substantial contribution to software freedom and having employment consistent with ethical ideals than obtaining the highest salary.