Heed this Dennis Bell
- Introducing Saurabh, FSF campaigns intern — by Zak Rogoff — last modified Apr 24, 2013 07:39 PM
- Hi, I'm Saurabh. I'm working as an intern with the campaigns team during the spring semester.
- International coalition of Internet freedom organizations urges W3C to reject Encrypted Media Extensions, a proposal to build Digital Restrictions Management into the Web — by Zak Rogoff — last modified Jun 25, 2013 05:25 PM
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA -- Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 -- Today a coalition of twenty-seven organizations released a joint letter to the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), the Web's standards-setting body, condemning Encrypted Media Extensions (EME). EME is a proposal to incorporate support for Digital Restrictions Management (DRM) -- the systems used by media and technology companies to restrict watching, sharing, recording, and transforming digital works -- into HTML, the core language of the Web.
- GNU Press has restocked all of your favorite shirts! — by chrissie — last modified Apr 23, 2013 10:39 AM
- Google reinstates federated instant messaging — by John Sullivan — last modified Apr 18, 2013 05:27 PM
- We want to commend Google for doing the right thing.
- Boston Marathon bombings — by John Sullivan — last modified Apr 16, 2013 01:47 PM
- Thank you to everyone for thinking of us at the Free Software Foundation office in downtown Boston as yesterday's terrible news unfolded. We appreciate all the concerned emails and queries.
- Friends don't let friends use Windows 8 — by libby — last modified Apr 12, 2013 02:01 PM
- Sometimes, proprietary software actually helps us fight for freedom. Windows 8 is so bad it's almost funny--it's not only proprietary software full of spyware and security vulnerabilities, but it's also confusing for would-be users. Lucky for us, Microsoft's spectacular failure is the perfect time to help people switch to free software.